Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hello from Sarah




Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah and I live in Staffordshire. I became involved with Bullies In Need in May 2005, when we adopted our beautiful girl Soli. I joined the Bullie Bar forum then and began to volunteer to help with homechecks and dog assessments. I now regularly do both across the whole of the Midlands area whenever I can fit them in round my full-time job. We adopted another BIN bullie in November 2006, my lovely boy Ozzy. I also try to attend as many fund-raising days as I can around the country , helping out where possible and ran the Dog Show at the last BIN Funday in Mablethorpe last August.

Had a busy bullie day today, as I had an assessment to do on a male bullie currently living about 40 miles away from me who needs to find a new home. It was lovely to meet him as he is a very friendly boy. Spent some time with him, asking his current owner many questions and seeing how he responded to me and took plenty of pictures to use on his write-up for the BIN website.

On the way home, I stopped off at a friends house who is a fosterer for BIN, as well as having her own bullie girl. She has just taken in a new foster dog who was a stray from a pound, so I went to see how she is getting on with him and to meet him of course ! Although in pretty poor health at the moment, he is a smashing boy. We wrote up an assessment together and I took some pictures of him too for the website , as his foster mum has no internet access at the moment. After plenty of kisses for him and her bullie girl too, set off home to do the full write-ups for the website and send them and the photographs to Lisa and then to spend some quality time with my two babies.

A busy but enjoyable day - cuddles from 5 bullies, what could be nicer !!

No comments: